Hi everyone,
I can't seem to figure out on how best to build the Jira Automation for my use case so I would really appreciate any guidance.
Use Case
- Epic Alpha has five child story issues linked within it.
- Each story has 3 fields that need to be populated in order to satisfy the condition. The fields are
- Label = Backbone-Sync
- Original Estimate > 0h
- Custom Field (called 'Estimate Ready for Approval') = Yes
- The automation should trigger upon a self-reflecting transition (when the status goes from Awaiting Estimate back into Awaiting Estimate)
Desired Outcome
Based on the info above, here are the steps in what I would like Jira Automation to do:
- End User transitions Epic Alpha from Awaiting Estimate back into Awaiting Estimate
- The system then looks for all child issues under the Epic that meet the following conditions:
- Child issue has the appropriate label
- Child issue has been estimated (Original Estimate field has an estimate greater than 0) — we are not using story points here.
- The radio button custom field Estimate Ready for Approval has the option Yes selected in the Child Issue
- The system then publishes the list of all of the child issues as a comment on the parent (Epic) issue
The comment would look something like this:
Please see below the list of issues (under Epic Alpha) that have been estimated and are ready for approval
- Story 1 Issue Summary --> <Original Estimate Value>
- Story 2 Issue Summary --> <Original Estimate Value>
- Story 3 Issue Summary --> <Original Estimate Value>
- Story 4 Issue Summary --> <Original Estimate Value>
- Story 5 Issue Summary --> <Original Estimate Value>
The total estimate for all the estimated issues is = <Total Sum of all the Original Estimate Values for Stories 1-5>
Screenshot
Here's what I have built so far. I'm not sure if I'm going about this the right way, or if there's a better way to achieve what I'm looking for. I basically got stuck half way, so looking for guidance from this great community.
Thank you!