I want to have a filter that shows me all the Epics that have a Parent Initiative with a certain field (e.g. Priority) value (e.g. Critical) - e.g. Show me all Epics where the parent Initiative is 'Critical' Priority.
Hi @Steven Gibson
What you are discribing if different from what JIRA support natively that is Epic > Story > Sub-tasks. It's usually not a good idea to change that, you can add level on top of Epics but you should not add something between Epics and Stories. I know that it can be misleading for users when using SAFe Framework for instance but it's the way JIRA is build for now.
That being said, how did you manage to build this custom hierarchy ? Are you using jira issue links between each lvel of your hierarchy ? If it's the case I recommand to use an app such as Scriptrunner or JQL Tricks to search across links.
https://docs.adaptavist.com/sr4js/latest/features/jql-functions/included-jql-functions/issue-links#id-.IssueLinksv6.47.0-linkedissuesof
Regards
Thanks @Florian Bonniec ,
I am just a poor user who inherited the hierarchy I think natural Jira is Initiative > Feature > Epic > Story. We have simply swapped the Feature and Epic.
Yes, using the native issue links, so the hierarchy is kinda irrelevant to the request to search a field from within the parent; and you have answered (along with similar threads I've seen) that this is (surprisingly) not out of the box standard searchability.
I've proposed those marketplace apps before, however we have a very large organisation and the pricing model makes it almost prohibitory.
I appreciate the response
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.