Currently in the process of setting up Okta (SSO) with Atlassian Access for our Jira and Confluence (Cloud) tenants.
We have a number of local or service accounts that are users in our Atlassian tenant however these accounts are not in Okta therefore we need to configure a separate authentication workflow for these accounts so that they authenticate against Atlassian instead of Okta.
I have read and looked into Atlassian Authentication Policies and I am able to set up a policy for the local, non-SSO users, as well as a policy for IdP/Okta SSO users.
Is my below understanding correct?
If I create an authentication policy for Okta SSO users, these users will be forced to login via SSO if SSO is enforced as long as these users email addresses/usernames have the same domain as the SSO integration (ex: acme.org)
If I create an authentication policy for local / service account users, which are user accounts that reside only in Atlassian, and not in Okta, and if I add these users, regardless of their username / email address domain (ex: acme.org) to this authentication policy, will they bypass the SSO authentication workflow?
If I link acme.org as my Identity Provider (Okta) in Atlassian, will this affect how the authentication policies work? Or will the authentication policy have priority over the Identity Provider being linked to acme.org and therefore I can control the authentication flow from the authentication policies?
Basically I want to ensure that even though I have the Identity Provider with Okta linked to acme.org in Atlassian, that I can still bypass the SSO requirement for accounts that have the domain acme.org in their username/email via Atlassian Authentication Policies so that they login directly to Atlassian instead of Okta.