We have 2 instance. We'll call them instance "U" and instance "C". And I want to export pages from "U" to "C", just a parent page and all it's child pages and attachments, not the entire "U" space. The two instance both have the same space name and space keys since they're both the same project under different environments. Only the content is different.
Export is simple. I followed these steps and saved an xml file.
Now to import, from my understanding of these guidance 1, 2, 3 (and correct me if I'm wrong), in order to import my desired pages into a space with the same name even if it's a different instance, it will not work. I would have to rename the spacekeys inside the xml and properties file to a new name. Then go into the system admin settings > Administration > Backup & Restore, and upload the entire zip file to create a "temp" space, and after it's import, move those pages to the desired space.
But after I rename the space key in the xml and exportdescriptor file, I get an error "Missing exportDescriptor.properties" even though it is in there. Then I found this solution why. But I can't save the original file as an xml file when trying to rename the space keys.
Does anyone have guidance on how to properly import pages from one instance to another?