When I have a Jira issue page open in my browser, and others are working on that issue in parallel, there is no way to see that anything changed, until I explicitly check by reloading the page.
Is there a way (a browser extension, a GreaseMonkey script, ...) to let the browser regularly check whether the issue was updated, and then e.g. show a big 'refresh to see updates' button (perhaps even without reloading the page, using e.g. refreshIssuePage from https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/jsapi/jira/).
(Update: Retagged because I'm interested in a Jira Data Center solution; but don't let that keep anyone from submitting Jira Server or Jira Cloud answers!)
Update: If someone can point me to documentation or examples showing me how to do REST API calls from a Jira issue page, so that I can figure out 'was something changed since the time this page was loaded?', then I could try to write a userscript myself.