Hello folks,
I would like to know if it is possible to create a new field (not existing field) when the status of the Issue changes (during the transition).
Do you have any idea for it?
Thanks a lot in advance,
Regards,
Jorge
Hi Jorge,
No, you cannot create custom fields on the fly like that. That must be created in advance.
Hello Jorge!
If you have Script Runner maybe you can use a custom script postfunction to create a new custom field using JIRA API: https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/8.20.12/#api/2/field-createCustomField
Regards.
I think this might be the way you have phrased the question, and how it reads to me, but the answer is "no" (not without Scriptrunner or an app coded to do this)
What you've said is that you would like to create a new field when an issue changes status. I suspect that is not what you mean. I think you mean you want to populate a field when a status changes? Is that right?
Fields are project/issue type configuration items. Creating a new field is something an admin does, infrequently and with care and forethought ideally. It's not something you should automate. You can imagine the mess you would make if you had 1,000 issues in the project and you transitioned each one of them - do you really mean you want to see a thousand new fields created in your Jira system?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.