For Example: In Story there are 3 different Labels=ABC,Labels=XYZ and Labels=MNP. creating JQL Filter Project=Project AND Labels=ABC, In Dashboard it should display only Lables=ABC, but it displays 2 additional Column with Labels=XYZ, Labels=MNP
Hello Everybody,
Just would like to add a quick update to this thread:
The possibility to select which labels should be displayed in the Two Dimensional filter Gadget (between the issues selected by the filter) is something already requested back in 2013, however, this approach was not implemented due to the low number of requests and the displaying restriction that could cause problems and confusion if not well explained, as described by @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- in the comments above.
You can check the feature request related below:
Add option to the 2 Dimensional Gadget for manipulating labels
That being said, we understand that we have a significant amount of users asking for this feature today, so we created the following feature requests to properly consider this implementation again:
Select which labels should be displayed in the Two Dimensional filter gadget - Jira Cloud
Select which labels should be displayed in the Two Dimensional filter gadget - Jira Server
Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.
It displays the labels there because they exist and you've configured the dashboard gadget to show you labels.
I'm not sure what you're trying to do here, but could you start with explaining "dashboard column" (what gadget? or what report? etc) and then what you'd like to see from it.
JQL: project in ("EMI - Catalog", "EMI - Product and Item", "EMI - Load/Sync", "EMI - Brand Management") AND labels=Team_Hermes AND Sprint in (openSprints()) AND issuetype in (Story, "Support Ticket") AND cf[10211] != Spike
Gadget: Two Dimensional Filter StatisticsXAxis: StatusYAxis: Labels
Above JQL does not pull only Team_Hermes, if there are more than one Label for that Story, it pulls all the Label and shows in Dashboard as extra Rows.
Ok, yes, that's correct. It's showing you the labels on the issues you have selected.
Hi Nic,
Can you please let me know how we can avoid other Labels.
X or Y axis on the two dimensional dashboard to show the values that field has and you cannot control on what should be shown there, there is no provision to achieve what you are looking for. This is applicable not only to the labels, but to any other fields. If the field has multiple values and you want to show that in either X or Y axis, it will display all available values.
It is not a problem to solve, at least till now
Is there a gadget that allows me to apply a filter to the results that show in the dashboard. I too would like to hide certain labels. I understand that If I have 5 issues with lablel "A" and 5 issue that include both label "A" and "C", that today I will get a dashboard with 10 "A" results and 5 "C" results. What I want to do is hide those "C" results on my dashboard counts. Similar to hiding in many spreadsheet table features.
Is there a gadget that allows for this?
I have not found one yet.
Does anyone know any work around for this problem? Again as previous posters have stated, I want to exclude specific labels from the issue field so that they aren't presented in the Y or X axis on the two dimensional dashboard.
Adding my +1 to a request for this functionality! Since the filter is built to target specific labels, I'd love to also have the opportunity to only display those labels on my graph/pie (:
Do not mix up "filter results" with "what I want to display". If you tried to do this based on a filter, it will fail for your humans.
Imagine a simple case. We issues logging what pets people live with, and we have three current labels: cat, dog and other-pet. Now imagine we have several households:
A search for "label = cat" should always return Nic and Andrew. "label = dog" must return Carol, Nes and Andrew. "Label = other-pet" must return "Nes". If the filter does not return those, it is useless because the answers would be wrong.
You must look at the reporting. You'll need to find or write some form of "exclusive reporting" - it will need configuration that says "ignore loads of data and only report on one thing"This is quite limiting in real life - I can't think of a decent use case where "Carol, Andrew and Nes live with a dog" is more useful than "Cats live with Nic and Andrew. Dogs live with Carol, Nes and Andrew. Nes has another type of pet"
In our case, labels are used for multiple different purposes. The report I'm wanting to generate is based on a subset of labels only, to measure the frequency percentage for each label. This is undermined by the presence of other labels in our dataset, although those labels are integral for other processes. The result of the report is skewed, because it shows a completely unrelated label present on 100% of tickets and thus being very common - it masks the frequency of the labels I'm actually trying to report on.
I can't see how this is "masking" anything. The filter for "label = x" returns the issues that have label x.
The filter reutrns a list of issue that have x. You seem to be focussing on "issues that have x, but also y". The filter is nonsense if it does not report all issues with X, so, ff you're looking at other labels and conflating them with x, then just stop looking at them.
Yes, I am having a variation of this same issue as well. After failed attempts, I had to google if it was possible, and I am very glad I found this thread.
More than 4 years from the start of this thread and we still do not have this functionality! I hope this is something that could be looked into in the future.
Hello Team,
Jira tickets are used by multiple teams, and each team wants their own label and want to view the graph based on the labels used by their teams.
This is limiting the use of Jira Tickets to a single team. Please update the Gadget, where I should be able to choose my labels.
Please see responses above.
I'm not saying anything that's wrong, just telling you why the request may be counter-intuitive as most people don't expect to ask to see a list of issues and have parts of the data arbitrarily redacted for them. I've just stated that's why Atlassian will probably never build such a gadget.
Your solution would work better than the others suggested here, as it wouldn't be as confusing as a report on a load of issues that you've asked for that then doesn't display the issues properly.
Awesome, thank you Petter! Hope the feature gains traction and users see the value.
-Regards
If this feature appeals to you, go vote for it: note both server and cloud proposal are out there -->
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-71790
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75527
If this feature appeals to you, go vote for it: note both server and cloud proposals are out there -->
Hi But in reality this not help exclude labels only create a white list of Labels. So what if the task have various labels and you only want to exclude one. Are you saying I have to write a syntax for every label I want included? That would be annoying if I have lets say 30 labels and only wanted to exclude 1 then I would have to write 29 AND Label syntax parameters.
Hi @Vinodh Chapre I used below filter to avoid diplicates with respect to labels.
" labels in (A,B,C)) AND (labels not in (D,E) OR labels is EMPTY) " . This way I avoid tickets with labels D and E.
this helps.Thankyou
How is that? this query will remove records with labels D and E or not having any labels, basically the query will give only records having labels A, B, C. Issue raised was about dashboard display of records having multiple labels, but wanted to show only a few required labels.
Yes, it's broadly wrong, it does not "avoid duplicates", it drops a load of stuff the people probably do actually want.
There's two failures in this search:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.