Hey everybody,
I am trying to add a automation, where specific users a linked in a comment when a trigger happens (e.g. workflow change).
I already found out, that this should work by using the accountID (https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-users/). But I cannot find the accountID of the users in the server instance that we are still using.
Is there any other solution to manage this problem?
Thanks loads!
Kathy
Hi @Katharina E_
You have have tagged this post as server but you are using the cloud documentation. User handling is very different in cloud. accountID's don't apply in server, you should use the username.
To add a user link in a comment you can use the text format [~joe@bloggs.com] . This is the same as using the @..user syntax when entering a comment manually in view mode.
Hi Tom, unfortunately this doesn't work in automations
when I type a comment manually in a ticket, then linking another user works but when i use [~joe@bloggs.com] in automations I only get the result in text and not as a mentioned user.
Hi, @Katharina E_ ,
I had recently fiddled with this and you need to use the username for joe@bloggs.com.
On my case my username is "admin":
mention this assignee [~{{issue.assignee}}] and this random [~admin]
Result:
Let me know if that works for you!
On our system, all usernames are the emails so my implication was username and and not the users email.
Hi @Filipi Lima it worked! Thank you!
Awesome!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.