I'm trying to create a JIRA board which displays only issues in a particular sprint and then bases swimlanes on epic.
When I try "base swimlanes on epics" alone, the board displays the issues from all sprints and bases swimlanes on epics. Good.
When I try a filter such as "project = Test and Sprint=43 ORDER BY Rank ASC" alone, the board displays the issues in that particular project and that particular sprint. Also good.
However, when I combine the two, the board says "No issues currently visible."
I've tried this on two different JIRA instances, and I've seen the same behavior on both. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, and what I should do to make it work? Is it even possible?
Edit:
Per the comment (which I can't respond to at the moment), changing the query to
"project = Test and (sprint = 43 or issuetype = Epic) ORDER BY Rank ASC"
Appears to work. Why is that?