I am wondering if there is a way to keep the issue inside a release at the status it has when the release was closed.
Scenario:
Create a release
Add issue 1 when in status Open
Close the release
change issue 1 state to done
Open the release
=> should see the issue 1 in the state it was when the release was close.
I understand it may appear weird, but it is essential to keep track of history of what is done.
In my company we have states like 'Postpone' or 'Deviation', and we are looking for a way to keep track of these not final state which are final at the release time. So that we can report this release was done with following 'deviation's' issues...(and keep track of that)
It sounds like jira is not appropriate for that, but I prefer to ask maybe there is a way to do it.