My first experiences with Excel were for school science class lab reports, circa 1998. Followed college team project planning Gantt charts, lots of work experiences organizing information, and even a few pivot tables. I even organized some vacations because I needed organized tables for my itinerary. Maybe you use Excel for event participant participant lists, team holidays, Gantt charts, pie charts…
But all that was before working with Jira and Confluence. If you’re trying to be agile and increase collaboration with your team, you can stop using Excel. Excel belongs to the old work. Circa 1998.
Okay, it’s the hammer of the toolbox. Or maybe the screwdriver: it helps you get lots of stuff done.
But if you stop to think about what you actually want to do, what you need to keep track of, get done or organized with your team AND you have Confluence and Jira, there are a million better ways than using Excel.
So, I'm curious, what is that need that for you just can't be met by Confluence? What's your reason to keep using Excel alongside Confluence?