Hi,
I am looking for some details regarding Bitbucket Data center to cloud.
I went through this Wiki - https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/plan-your-bitbucket-server-to-cloud-migration/?_ga=2.10837364.1350135032.1597021693-1498980259.1557432741 which helps a lot.
Can anyone also share their experience migrating bitbucket to cloud? What are the challenges encountered that we should take as a lesson and also the limitation of Bitbucket cloud migration tool.
Many Thanks,
Nidhin
Hey Nidhin,
Welcome to the Bitbucket Cloud Community!
I notice that you have not yet received a response, so I thought I would share my experience as a support technician.
The BCMA tool is powerful and effective when performing the migration to Cloud if the documentation is read carefully, which I can already see that you have done so far
In terms of pitfalls, I would say that repository size limits apply in Bitbucket Cloud (4GB) so I would recommend that any large repositories are garbage collected/have any old branches trimmed to ensure that the size is conformed to prior to migrating.
Also, I would suggest ensuring that each repository has a unique name prior to migration so that there are no duplicate name conflicts - this is because projects in Bitbucket Cloud are simply a way of grouping repositories and there is no separation like in BBS/BBDC.
To give further context, I would suggest reading through this article which gives the functional differences between the two products:https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/differences-administering-bitbucket-data-center-and-cloud/
https://www.atlassian.com/migration/assess/compare-cloud-data-center/bitbucket
Remember, if you have any issues/concerns/questions during the migration process - you can contact our support team at any time for assistance at the following link, this will be your greatest asset during the migration process:https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/
Cheers!
- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)
Hi @Ben
Thank you so much for the prompt response. This really helps.
Also wanted to check if any documents you could share here with respect to Network hardening (allowlist ideas) or how to set up a private link for Bitbucket cloud.
Regards,
Premium subscription customers have the ability to configure an IP Allowlist on their Bitbucket Cloud workspace, please see the following article for further information:https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/control-access-to-your-private-content/
We also have an article here detailing the IP addresses which need to be allowed for corporate firewalls:https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/what-are-the-bitbucket-cloud-ip-addresses-i-should-use-to-configure-my-corporate-firewall/
Please let me know if you have any further questions
Thanks again. The above insights helps in add some details with respect to Network Hardening.
We are preparing reports about the repo, wanted to check if there is any REST API or is there any way we can increase the limit of API response body.
For example - REST API call, we get the first 25 repos listed in response body and there is a way to increase that limit to fetch all repos or a count to 1000?
"/rest/api/1.0/repos " this API endpoint will give first 25 repos in the response body.
Since there are more than 1000 repos in our bitbucket today, so I want to explore a way to list all repos in the response body.
Any help would be sincerely appreciated?
Hi @Ben ,
Any help would be sincerely appreciated!
Hi @Nidhin Nambiar & @Ben : I have joined a new organization where we are working on Bitbucket server 5.2.2 while exploring a move to cloud.I was researching around it and found this thread. Reaching out for your inputs in terms of how much time it took for your team to migrate Bitbucket server to Cloud. With some tentative timelines , we would also be able to plan accordingly.Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from you.
Did you receive any answers/feedbacks?
Thanks,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.