I'm using JIRA server 6.4 in order to follow some older youtube videos.
My goal is to create 1 of 2 sub-tasks when editing an issue in my project. One sub-task called "Waiting on" and the other called "Documentation" (put another way, for any issue, like a bug, I would like to be able to create sub task A or B, each one with a different screen).
"Waiting on" subtask would have a Description and Assignee fields
"Documentation" subtask would have Description and Date fields
When I look at an issue and select 'Create Sub-Task', I can choose either sub task I created, but the field layout is always the one for "Waiting On" even when I choose "Documentation".
If this helps clarify anything at all, here is a basic outline of what I've done.
- Create 2 issues types: "Waiting On (type subtask)" and "Documentation (type subtask)
- I have an Issue Type Scheme called "My Test" which I Edit and drag over my 2 new subtasks
- I create a screen called "waiting on subtask" and assign some fields
- I create another screen called "Docs subtask" and assign some fields
- I add a screen scheme called "waiting on screen scheme" and set the default screen to "waiting on subtask". I then associate Create issue to the "waiting on subtask" screen
- I add another screen scheme called "docs screen scheme" and do the same as above, except choosing the other scene I want.
- I create an Issue Type Screen Scheme for both "waiting on" and "docs" and assign the appropriate screen to each. I'm asked to associate an issue type with a screen scheme, so I associate the "documentation sub task" issue type with the "docs" screen. I create another Issue Type Screen Scheme for "waiting on" and choose the appropriate values for screens.
- When I pull up an existing issue and select "Create Sub-task", I can choose either sub task I just created. However, both have the same fields (the one from the "waiting on" sub task".
For the life of me I cannot seem to google up a answer and I feel like I'm going in circles.
I hoep this makes sense.