I am trying to write a bitbucket-pipeline that uses the public AWS ECR image
Invalid AWS Elastic Container Registry image name at [pipelines > custom > build-test-lambda-python-layer > 2 > step > image > name]. Expecting "<accountId>.dkr.ecr.<region>.amazonaws.com/<image-name>"
How can I reference this public image to avoid getting the Configuration error ? thanks
Hi @Nehemias Herrera,
I have no issues using this image as a build container in a Pipelines build with a configuration as follows:
pipelines: default: - step: image: public.ecr.aws/sam/build-python3.9:1.58.0-20220929223133 script: - echo "hello"
Do you have additional details in your configuration? E.g. are you providing an access key and secret key?
Kind regards,Theodora
Theodora, thanks for you reply,
Yes, we are providing our access and secrets keys but those are not needed since public.ecr.aws is a public registry and does not require credentials (.i.e. just try running docker pull public.ecr.aws/sam/build-python3.9:1.58.0-20220929223133 to verify this image can be downloaded without logging in to the public.ecr.aws registry.
Nehemias ✌️
I see, maybe the credentials are the problem, will try getting rid of them and let you know
Hi Nehemias,
Yes, I think that's what's causing the issue; since you provide an access key and secret key, the yml file expects a private aws image with a name in the form of <accountId>.dkr.ecr.<region>.amazonaws.com/<image-name>
Please feel free to let me know if it works without the configuration for access and secret keys.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.