In the end what I'm trying to achieve is to automatically update the status of initiatives based on the status of the underlying epics.
Here I found that I should be able use the JQL "issuekey in parentIssuesOf("{{issue.key}}")" to find the parent issue of an an epic whenever it's updated. Searching for issues using Advanced Roadmaps details | Advanced Roadmaps for Jira Data Center and Server 3.29 | Atlassian DocumentationHowever, that doesn't seem to work for me.
So I tried to use the this JQL in the advanced search, and even there I don't get it to work.
issuekey in parentissueof(CTDP-3)
The function just doesn't seem to exist in the Cloud version. Can someone confirm that or tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks, Christian
Hi @Christian Happel - You can use a parent link query like this:
"Parent Link" = CTOP-3
I don't think that works:
Example:here's the hierarchy:Initiative CTDP-1 Epic CTDP-2
The status of the epic gets changed to "in progress", now I want the initiative status to be changed, too.
So the trigger of this is the epic, but when I need to search for the parent item of it which in Jira server seems to be "issuekey in parentissue of (CTDP-2).
When I search for Parent = CTDP-2 it would give me the user stories underneath that epic.
I use Parent Link all the time. Here's what your automation would look like:
Key = {{issue.parent link}}
Note - This assumes that when you say you're using an Initiative >> Epic hierarchy that you're doing so in relation to Advanced Roadmaps and you have formally established the hierarchy here:
https://YOURINSTANCE.atlassian.net/secure/PortfolioHierarchy.jspa
Now I got it! Thanks so much for the detailed explanation!!! Works perfectly :-)
For future reference, the document you linked was for Jira Server/Data Center.
Here is the same information but for Jira Cloud.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/search-for-advanced-roadmaps-custom-fields-in-jql/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.