Hi all,
to get a reminder for a transaction I want to set a ticket due date to 1.Mai.2030.
If I do so, close the date an the reopen ist again it says 1.Mai.1930.
How to set a date to the future in 2030?
Thanks!
Hello @Mirko
In the Jira Cloud environment I had to change the date formatting for the instance to be a 4 digit year instead of a 2 digit year to get the system to accept the first 2 digits I entered rather than making an assumption that the year was 19xx vs. 20xx. I did that through Jira Settings > System > General > Advanced Settings.
That might solve the problem for you on Jira Server.
Hi Trudy,
thank you for reaching out so quickly. Unfortunately there seems to be no setting like that in Jira Server. I found 'date and time formats' via the admin search, but that is just a link to
http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/index.html?java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html
Which does not seem to work
This document discusses the Advanced Settings that are available to be set.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-advanced-settings-938847828.html
It includes Jira Date and Jira Date/Time format setting variables.
It has a link to this document that goes into more detail about setting the formats.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-the-look-and-feel-of-your-jira-applications-938846975.html
What exactly did you change?
Thank you for the link.
I am trying to fumble in the right settings but that seems to be more like developer stuff than user settings.
If I change "jira.date.picker.java.format" to "dd.MMM.yyyy" in the ticket the date remains unchanged as "dd/MMM/yy", if I click on it it changes to "dd.MMM.yyyy".
there seems to be no "jira.date.ticket.format" setting.
Then the context says "jira.date.picker.javascript.format" needs to correspond to "jira.date.picker.java.format" which reads "%e/%b/%y". That does not match out of the box but works... I don't know what to change how...
What do I need to change to what to make alle dates read as 4 digits? There has to be a userfriendly step by step guide. Am I the first to need this changed? Can't imagine that.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.