I have been having troubles installing Jira on my linux VM. I first installed 6.7 and thought it was successful. I saw that 7 came and wanted to try to install it . Now when I do the express install I get this
Extracting files ...
com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.misc.RunExecutableAction failed
I cannot find a way to resolve this. If i ignore it then it wont make an opt folder and I cannot start or stop the JIRA instance. Or even uninstall it.
Any solutions?
Thanks!
PS:
Here is the entire process....
Unpacking JRE ...
Starting Installer ...
Oct 15, 2015 11:29:22 AM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$2 run
INFO: Created system preferences directory in java.home.
This will install JIRA Software 7.0.0 on your computer.
OK [o, Enter], Cancel [c]
o
Choose the appropriate installation or upgrade option.
Please choose one of the following:
Express Install (use default settings) [1], Custom Install (recommended for adva nced users) [2, Enter], Upgrade an existing JIRA installation [3]
1
The following default options cannot be used. You will be asked to provide alter natives for these options.
* Home Directory (Existing home directory)
Default location for JIRA Software data
[/var/atlassian/application-data/jira]
Details on where JIRA Software will be installed and the settings that will be u sed.
Installation Directory:
Home Directory: /var/atlassian/application-data/jira
HTTP Port: 8080
RMI Port: 8005
Install as service: Yes
Install [i, Enter], Exit [e]
i
Extracting files ...
com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.misc.RunExecutableAction failed
Ignore [i, Enter], Quit [q]