In the `Branches` view of my bitbucket repo, I have several branches (as expected). I want to make "master" have ALL the changes of `feature/public_20210922/byron`.
I'm lost in the user interface, and I've spent the day being "git-spanked".
When I look at the branch in question, I see what appears to be a split bar, with a light grey portion under the "Behind" tab and bright blue portion under the `Ahead` tab.
Each says "26". When I mouse over the bright blue bar, a tooltip says "26 commits ahead of master". When I mouse over the light grey bar, a tooltip says "26 commits behind master".
When I select the branch in question, I get a light blue bar that says "26 commits behind "master" and has a "Sync now" button.
When I click the "Sync now" button, I get an alert that says "Syncing this branch will result in merge conflicts".
I already knew that!
Here is a command-line session that seems to have the same unhappy result:
[tms@byron browser]$ git branch
* feature/public_20210922/byron
master
[tms@byron browser]$ git checkout master
Switched to branch 'master'
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/master'.
[tms@byron browser]$ git merge feature/public_20210922/byron
Auto-merging yarn.lock
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in yarn.lock
Removing src/components/scene/map_scene/RawMetadata.js
Auto-merging src/components/scene/map_scene/MapSceneView.js
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in src/components/scene/map_scene/MapSceneView.js
Auto-merging src/components/scene/map_scene/MapScene.js
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in src/components/scene/map_scene/MapScene.js
Auto-merging src/components/scene/map_scene/DataWindowContainer.js
Removing src/components/scene/map_scene/CovidMetadata.js
Auto-merging src/components/scene/SceneView.js
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in src/components/scene/SceneView.js
Auto-merging src/components/scene/Scene.js
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in src/components/scene/Scene.js
Auto-merging src/components/scale/SingleEndedScale.js
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in src/components/scale/SingleEndedScale.js
Auto-merging src/components/scale/BooleanScale.js
Auto-merging src/components/omnibox/scene_controller/map_scene_controller/MapSceneController.js
Auto-merging src/components/omnibox/scene_controller/map_scene_controller/DataNormalizationAndAdjustmentControl.js
Auto-merging src/components/omnibox/scene_controller/SceneController.js
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in src/components/omnibox/scene_controller/SceneController.js
Auto-merging src/components/omnibox/navigator/panes/ContactPane.js
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in src/components/omnibox/navigator/panes/ContactPane.js
Auto-merging src/components/omnibox/OmniboxView.js
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in src/components/omnibox/OmniboxView.js
Auto-merging src/components/omnibox/OmniboxContainer.js
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in src/components/omnibox/OmniboxContainer.js
Auto-merging src/components/legend/legend_view/BooleanLegendView.js
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in src/components/legend/legend_view/BooleanLegendView.js
Auto-merging src/components/legend/Legend.js
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in src/components/legend/Legend.js
Removing src/components/data_layer/value_renderer/RendererFactory.js
Removing src/components/data_layer/value_renderer/LogRenderer.js
Removing src/components/data_layer/styler/SingleEndedFeatureStyler.js
Removing src/components/data_layer/styler/DoubleEndedFeatureStyler.js
Removing src/components/data_layer/scale/legacy_legend.html
Removing src/components/data_layer/scale/legacy_index.js
Removing src/components/data_layer/scale/legacy_index.html
CONFLICT (modify/delete): src/components/data_layer/legend_view/SingleEndedLegendView.js deleted in feature/public_20210922/byron and modified in HEAD. Version HEAD of src/components/data_layer/legend_view/SingleEndedLegendView.js left in tree.
CONFLICT (modify/delete): src/components/data_layer/legend_view/DoubleEndedLegendView.js deleted in feature/public_20210922/byron and modified in HEAD. Version HEAD of src/components/data_layer/legend_view/DoubleEndedLegendView.js left in tree.
CONFLICT (modify/delete): src/components/NavigatorSpike.js deleted in feature/public_20210922/byron and modified in HEAD. Version HEAD of src/components/NavigatorSpike.js left in tree.
CONFLICT (modify/delete): src/components/LegendSpike.js deleted in feature/public_20210922/byron and modified in HEAD. Version HEAD of src/components/LegendSpike.js left in tree.
Removing src/components/DotEnvSpike.js
Auto-merging src/components/ContentContainer.js
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in src/components/ContentContainer.js
Removing src/components/AppContainerSpike.js
Removing src/components/App.test.js
Auto-merging package.json
Auto-merging README.md
Auto-merging .vscode/launch.json
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in .vscode/launch.json
Auto-merging .eslintcache
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in .eslintcache
Auto-merging .env
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in .env
Removing #.env#
Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.
Is there some straightforward way to tell git/bucket to make the `master` branch be the same as `feature/public_20210922/byron`?
I know that I can slog through dozens of files one by one with my IDE and fix them -- but that is exactly WHY I put all these changes into this feature branch!
What am I missing here?
Following are three screenshots showing the above:


