When I try to use the bitbucket migration assistant to migrate from Bitbucket server 7 to cloud I receive this error message when trying to set the "Migrate from" field.
"The base URL did not validate, check and enter it again. If you feel this is correct, please contact your support team."
I initially used the URL we use internally, however this name resolves to an IP address that only works internally, my migrations failed using this name (except for users), I am assuming this is because the cloud was not able to use this URL to connect to our bitbucket server directly.
For the purpose of integrating our Bitbucket server instance with JIRA cloud, we have already created another DNS name that resolves to an externally visible IP address for our bitbucket server. We are not able to use this address internally, it is firewalled so that it is only accessible from the Atlassian cloud. This works fine for the purpose of JIRA cloud to Bitbucket server (on-premises) integration. It seems that is should be able to be used by the bitbucket cloud / migration.atlassian.com domain ?
Is there a reason why our external address is failing validation, and our internal address is passing (when it should probably not?) and what can I do to make our bitbucket server accessible to the migration tool?