Hello,
I have followed this guide to setup a self hosted Windows Runner. The runner is working however there is an issue when cloning submodules. The pipeline fails due to permission issue.
<span>fatal: Could not read from remote repository.</span><span>git submodule update --init --recursive<br><br>///////////////////////////////<br><br>Host key verification failed.</span>
The SSH key section on the Windows Runner guide is a bit hard to follow. It is unclear after step 5 where certain steps should happen (Remote Host, Virtual Machine, etc...). I have generated a key set in PowerShell on the Windows machine. I converted and copied the private key into a secret variable. Trying to load the key in the example step results in a configuration error.
- [Text.Encoding]::ASCII.GetString([Convert]::FromBase64String($Env:MY_SSH_KEY)) > ./id_rsa - ssh -i ./id_rsa <user>@<host> 'echo "connected from pipelines"'
There is a YAML syntax error in your bitbucket-pipelines.yml at [line 11, column 28]. To be precise: expected <block end>, but found '<scalar>'
We have several other repos with submodules using Pipelines with Linux Docker images with no problems. We set the Access Keys up as directed and all works well.
Any guidance on how to clone the full repo (with submodules) on a Windows Runner would be helpful.