I saw another post very similar to this but there was no answer. I downloaded the Atlasboard repository in bitbucket using the "download repository" link. This provides a zip file with a name like atlassian-atlasboard-328dcb50263e.zip. So now I want to install it locally but to do that I need to have some idea whether this is a "true" repository (if so how do i connect with it?) or just a zip of the source. I tried opening the repository in a git client but it says "not a git repository" and of course the npm installer doesn't like my local path for some reason.
So what is the type of contents in the zip file when a user selects download repository? Is it a git repository? if it is, how do you convert it from a zip file to an active local repository? (beyond extracting it from the zip file).