When doing git pull, this is what I now see, suddenly (nothing has changed):
remote: Bitbucket Cloud recently stopped supporting account passwords for Git authentication.remote: See our community post for more details: https://atlassian.community/t5/x/x/ba-p/1948231remote: App passwords are recommended for most use cases and can be created in your Personal settings:remote: https://bitbucket.org/account/settings/app-passwords/
Hey @nadavbene
G'day.
The error generally means you are authenticating with a non App Password. We no longer support account passwords for git and HTTPS authentication.
If you haven't generated an App Password, please look into our KB below on how to generate:
Below is our announcement about deprecating the use of account password
I hope this helps.
Cheers,Syahrul
No, I've been using App Passwords for a long time, and nothing has been changed on my side. I am using an App Password when doing the git pull. Btw - this issue happened in the past (1 year ago?) as well. This is either a bug or a wrong message returned.
Noted. Can you try to clone with the App Password and see if that works? I want to verify that the App Password you use works:
git clone https://<username>:<app_password>@bitbucket.org/<workspace_name>/<repo_name>
Also, try to generate a new App Password and see if that works with your git pull and clone.
Let me know how it goes.
Works! Thanks Syahrul!!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.