Hello, I'm a new bitbucket user. I have recently gotten into a game dev team.
After I cloned the repository, I attempted to fetch(in sourcetree) only to get an error along the lines of;
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks fetch --no-tags origin
remote: Bitbucket Cloud recently stopped supporting account passwords for Git authentication.
remote: See our community post for more details: https://atlassian.community/t5/x/x/ba-p/1948231
remote: App passwords are recommended for most use cases and can be created in your Personal settings:
remote: https://bitbucket.org/account/settings/app-passwords/
fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://bitbucket.org/Brakesoft2018/towerdefense.git/'
Thats when I noticed there was an exclamation mark on the "remote" button which leads to my title.
I followed some tutorials and implemented the app password, but the code error persists and the remote problem hasnt gone away. What is going on ?
I have tried to search for answers but I think my inexperience is getting in the way of me finding the right ones. Even a pointer to the right direction would be appreciated.