Hi,
I am having an issue with a Jira Automation rule I am trying to implement, I'm hoping some one will be able to solve this for me.
Use Case: When an engineer creates a 'Change' issue and links the related 'Work' task we want to grab the Epic assigned to the 'Work' task and assign it to the change as well.
Problem:
Our epic links are captured in a custom field with the ID: customfield_10008.
In my automation rule I have this configuration to Edit the Issue:
{
"fields": {
"epic link": "{{issue.issueLinks.first.customField_10008.value}}"
}
}This Edit action is triggered when an an issue is linked to the Change issue and the Epic Link is empty. However, it is not working. The audit log gives this error:
Error editing issues
XXXX-4454 (Epic with key '' does not exist., Specify a valid value for the Epic Link (customfield_10008)).
I've added some additional logic to comment on the Issue with some additional values it is able to grab from the linked issue to test the overall concept of issueLinks is working:
Retrieved Epic from {{issue.issueLinks.first.issue.key}} and set Epic Link for CR to {{issue.issueLinks.first.customField_10008.value}}.This partly works, the issue key is returned correctly but the customField_10008 value is returned as "". I've tried capturing values from other customFields with the same result.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks