Hi all,
The tech company I'm at is using Confluence On Demand for our Intranet and it's great. For our online help tool we are currently using HelpConsole. I would like to create a Documentation Space and let my customers use that to find help.
My first question is: Is it possible to use Confluence On Demand for this? It looks like I can set space permissions to allow for anonymous viewing, but when I did that on a test space and tried to access it from my friend's computer I was asked to login. So, it's possible that I didn't set things correctly, but it's also possible that that is not allowed with On Demand!
(Edit: I had the Global Permissions set incorrectly. This is now working perfect, thanks!)
Second question is how would I prepare for a new software release? If we have version 1.0 of our help documentation live and are planning to release v1.1 of the documentation. I want to get the v1.1 documentation ready to go. But I don't want it live before the release is available. Is it possible that I'd have to export v1.0 and import it into a new space (by manually editing the Key). Make the changes there and export v1.1. Then delete v1.0 and import back to that space (by manually changing the Key back)? Or is there a much better way to do that? Or...again, is this just a fool's errand?
(Edited this paragraph for clarity)
Thanks for any advice and help!
Scott