Hi all,
I'm currently using a Confiform in Confluence to create Issues within a Jira project using the app-link connection and an IFTTT macro with a nested No format macro containing JSON as described in https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/FORMS/How+to+create+a+form+to+create+a+Jira+issue+from+Confluence
By using this method, or something similar, how would you create a Jira issue, with additional nested issues e.g. a parent Epic with a number of child Tasks or a Parent Task with a number of child sub-tasks.
Curious if this is achievable and appreciate any advice to how to get it done.
Thanks,
Drew
Hi
You will need to write back the issue key of the created issue
and define more IFTTTs to create sub-tasks
Sub-tasks mappings could then use the value of a created key you got in step #1 and put back to the form's record in step #2
(https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/TEST/Create+Jira+issue%2C+save+the+created+Jira+key+back+to+ConfiForms+and+create+a+page+with+Jira+macro)
Alex
Thanks @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ , will give it a try and let you know.
@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ I currently have two ifttt macros, first is to create the jira issue and the second is to create/update confiforms entry.
I created a form field definition in the confiform 'jid' for the jira id to be written to and I've set the parameters in the second ifttt macro to:
entryId=[entry.id]&jid=${iftttResult_createJiraIssue}
But I'm getting an error of 'unknown macro: iftttResult_createJiraIssue'
if I update the parameters to entryId=[entry.id]&jid=iftttResult_createJiraIssue
The error goes away but it doesn't write to the confiform...
Also the video on the page you linked doesn't seem to load.
Appreciate any advice..
UPDATE: Even though there is the 'unknown error' it still writes the Jira Issue Key to the Confiform.
@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ Would you be able to post an example of a sub-task mapping in a subsequent IFTTT to show how it should be done?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.