I wanted to download jira logs from ubuntu server but permission is denied for the same. Please help for the same
@Shubham Vishwmabhar
How do you try to access the log files (via scp ....)?
Do you use the right account to access these files?
Cheers
Kurt
I'm using root user to access the file i can access the file in terminal but i can't download it .If i use Filezilla , i dont have the right to access that file, it says permission denied
Hi @Shubham Vishwmabhar
Adding to what Kurt said, may I add that if all you need are the logs, why not just generate them directly from the troubleshooting and support page and you get the link to download it?This avoids all permission related issues.If however, you want to download directly from Ubuntu, then may I ask how you wanted to do this and did you check that the user you are using has the right permissions?
Also check you have the appropriate permission to write to where you want to copy to.Regards.
@Ismael Jimoh I want the log files because , able facing issue while installing JIRA.So i have to download it through ubuntu and the permission for the files are given to user JIRA, this user is not been created by me . It's automatically created by jira and i dont know its username and password .
Can you please help me out with how to access that user and download the logs in local computer .
Thanks in advance
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.