I have found migration guides that detail v7.1 and one detailing v9.1 specifically.
Is the process similar for v6.x (6.3.4 specifically) or will I run into issues following the same process?
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
There used to be, but Atlassian has dropped it off the "easy to find" list and I can't find it anymore.
However, it is the same process, it hasn't changed since about Jira 4. You can follow the docs for 7.x and above, (obviously, use the versions of java and database that support Jira 6.3), but the principles are the same - it's essentially a copy.
Update: I have found this document for 6.4
Migrating JIRA to Another Server - JIRA 6 - CWIKI.US
Thank you. One more thing, is it possible to dry run the migration while keeping the original running, or will I run into license issues with the new (dry-run) installation?
Yes, absolutely. The servers won't interact with each other.
What is the issue with importing a database that was not restricted access during the migration?
Will JIRA simply lose out on any data added to the DB after the backup? Or is there more complex issues with doing this?
The guide (linked above) says that "Inconsistent backups cannot be restored".
What will be my problem here?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.