Hi!
I'd like to know if there's a way to apply tag automatically to our JIRA issues when we link them to conversations in Intercom. We have set up the integration, but it doesn't do it automatically.
Hi @Lucía Achigar
I haven't experiment with Intercom and its integration with Jira. However, if this happens on the cloud version, I would expect that the app in use, would use a field to do all the work. My two cents would be:
All the above of course would work, only in the case of such field.
Alex
Hey @Lucía Achigar
I am Tobias from ToolsPlus, developer of the Intercom integration for Jira.
Unfortunately, tagging an issue when it is linked is currently not possible. Contrary to what Alex mentioned above, links are not actually stored in an issue field, so you can not use the suggested automation idea.
May I ask why you would like to tag issues with linked conversations? Maybe there are other ways to address your requirements.
For example, if you would like to find issues of a particular project with linked conversations, you could use the following JQL query:
project = ENG AND linkedIntercomConversationId IS NOT EMPTY
Or, if you are looking for Jira issues linked to a particular conversation id you could use the following query:
linkedIntercomConversationId = 42
Feel free to have a look at the searching and reporting documentation for more examples and details. Please note that there are also issue fields that display the number of linked conversations or the linked conversation ids if that's useful to your use case (unfortunately, you cannot use Jira automation to listen to changes to these fields and trigger actions).
I hope this helps.
Hi, Tobias
Thank you for your reply. I'll cc @Claudia Lena here who's in charge of the Jira part of this.
Thank you! We'll see if this is a workaround for us!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.