Hi there,
This may not be directly related to Bitbucket, could be a Git problem I am having, but I am going to ask it anyway, hoping someone can assist. Asking on Stackoverflow as well, in case nobody here can answer me.
I have three branches contributing to the issue I have at the moment:
- master_revert (based off of `master_v9` before a major problem got introduced).
- master_v9 (the branch with the major issue in).
- master_changes (changes made since the revert on 29 July 2022, based off master_revert).
master_changes contain one very large commit (1000+ deleted files) and about 40 other smaller commits since 29 July 2022.
When trying to merge master_changes into master_v9, Bitbucket can't show me all files changed, because there are too many files. So - what I have done, and I think that is where things went wrong, but I don't know for sure:
- Checked out master_v9
- Cherry-picked the commit from master_changes that had the large amount of deleted files.
- There were conflicts on two files, which I manually resolved locally.
- But then I accidentally did git add . and git commit -m ... and git push instead of git cherry-pick --continue
While it did not give me any errors and I could happily complete that, I am now seeing that my conflicts are resolved in Bitbucket (the code is in order) and within the bitbucket SOURCE view, I do not see the folder with over 1000 files in that I deleted) so to all indications, this seems to have worked correctly regardless of where I think I went wrong.
The problem now is that if I make a Pull Request in Bitbucket cloud, the Pull Request screen STILL shows these files that have been deleted in master_v9 in the file list on the right side of Bitbucket Pull Request screen, preventing me from seeing all the files that were actually changed (not deleted).
I have tried to:
- Reset head (hard) to before this was done, and then did a git push.
- Repeated the process (but correctly this time around) and still the same problem.
- Then, I reset head (hard) again to before I did this, simply deleted the files locally, and committed and pushed up again.
But unfortunately the issue remains.
Any idea if or how this can be fixed?
Thanks in advance,
Kobus