Hello team,
I want to move the ticket from one status to another if it reaches the Date and Time given in the "Change Date and Time" field while creating the ticket.
#Jira Cloud
Regards,
Lokesh
Hi @lokesh
Welcome to the community.
Go to project settings -> automation and add new rule. Use Scheduled trigger and provide a JQL (Ex; due (or your customer date field) < now()). Then add an action (Transition Issue) and choose the destination step for automatic status change.
Hi @Tansu Akdeniz ,
Thank you for the quick response!
For the Scheduled trigger, when do I run the rule? will there be any specific time frame? Because tickets gets created every day or even every hour.
For example:
Ticket 1 - My Date picker field data is 08/14/2022 12:30 PM while creating the ticket.
Ticket 2 - My Date picker field data is 08/14/2022 1:00 PM
Let's say, my issues (Ticket 1 & Ticket 2) are at To Do status. When I reach the above time, these should move to In Progress.
Automation Rule:
Trigger - Scheduled
Action - Issue Transition to In Progress.
Do I need to run the rule for every 5 mins? 30 mins? 1 hour? or 1 Day?
Please suggest.
Thank you!
It is totally up to you.
ps: Unfortunately, there is no trigger that will instantly detect when the deadline ends. Therefore, you should configure scheduler on time basis.
With the above JQL, I was not able to achieve even if I set the rule to run for every 10 mins.
My status is not getting changed.
Thank You!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.