Hello @Mont
Welcome to the community.
Can you provide a link to the documentation you are using?
Based on this document
https://buildmedia.readthedocs.org/media/pdf/jira/latest/jira.pdf
...your syntax is incorrect (and you have a typo). The correct syntax would be (minimally)
jira_response = jira_client.create_issue('project'='replaceWithActualProjectId')
And note that you have to provide a valid Project ID value.
However, even that will not be enough as creation of an issue also requires specifying minimally the issue type and text for the Summary field of the issue.
Hello, I am using this one.
https://jira.readthedocs.io/
Similar to this in the documentation
issue_dict = { 'project': {'id': 123}, 'summary': 'New issue from jira-python', 'description': 'Look into this one', 'issuetype': {'name': 'Bug'},
Except I realized I do not have curly brackets in my project key. I just have the project id. I then tried putting it in curly braces {'id': <project_id>}
But I got the same error.
If you want to use .create_issue(fields=... then I believe the syntax you'll need is
jira_response = jira_client.create_issue(fields={'project':{'id': <value>},})
Or you need to code like the example where you put the info into a dictionary (i.e. issue_dict) as shown and then provide that dictionary as the value assigned to fields
Looks Like I get the same message when including project id this way too.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.