In the Greenhopper classic planning board I'd like to assign an issue to multiple fix versions.e.g. 5.0 + 5.1
How can I do this?
Hello Pharos,
You can setup a version hierarchy for the classic boards, as per the following article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Setting+Up+a+Version+Hierarchy
However, if the versions should be independent of each other, then you'll not be able to add it using the classic boards.
Cheers!
Hi Arthur. I want to assign the issue to two fix versions that are independent which would not seem to be unreasonable but it sounds like I cannot. Thanks for your reply.
Or edit the issue in JIRA and select multiple Fix Versions.
Burndown charts created during Sprint release will get affected by this as it is logically incorrect to have two fixVersions for the same issue.
Yeah Greenhopper classic is logically incorrect as it combines Sprint and Fix version into one field - but it is also more flexible as it allows me to create Tech debt as it's own backlog bucket that I can then pull issues from when planning the next sprint. Can't do that with a Rapid planning board.
Sure you can, just label those issues then use a quickfilter to find them and drag them in to sprints in the future.
Cheers,Shaun
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.