JIRA Automation Plugin, the Edit Fields screen mentions
Where can I get a full list of these variables? This looks to be very handy.
We are inserting the whole issue object into the Velocity renderer. Most of built-in fields should work (such as priority etc). You may be able to use similar variables as in email templates. Even branching is possible, same as in other Velocity files.
issue
priority
@Matej Konecny
Thank you for the response.
I'm not a programmer, but I think I the two "objects" that JIRA Automation Plugin sets are issue and custom fields (basically, those are additional fields for issues, in addition to the built-in fields).
EditIssueAction.java Excerpt:
context.put("issue", issue); context.put("customfields", new CustomFieldValueRetriever(customFieldManager, issue));
Are these the places to find the built-in fields?
What is branching? Is that like $issue.reporter? In fact, what I am trying to do is get to a reporter's group, or a reporter's custom properties. I will post that question separately. Thanks again.
The issue object is passed as a GenericValue (GV) and Velocity uses public Getters to derive appropriate method similar to the logic here:
issue.getSummary() -> $issue.summary issue.getPriority().getName() -> $issue.priority.name (I think, never tested)
Basically, object of type https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/latest/com/atlassian/jira/issue/MutableIssue.html is passed, so in theory all methods starting with get* should work.
get
You can use standard Velocity formatting template, look at this:
customfield_14080=#if($customfields.get(14080) == 'Urgency 5')13080#elseif($customfields.get(14080) == 'Urgency 4')13081#elseif($customfields.get(14080) == 'Urgency 3')13082#elseif($customfields.get(14080) == 'Urgency 2')13083#end
Make sure it's on one line though
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.