In some cases I would be nice to change the issue type on transition.
For instance when you made an estimation and the issue is approved it would switch to task. Sadly enough I can't find that option.
Is this possible at all?
You can't do this natively, you'll need to find/write a plugin that can change the issue type as part of a listener or post-function.
This is potentially a very complex process though - a new issue type can have different fields and workflows and need to check and validate all sorts of data associated with the issue before it's possible. I'm not aware of any plugins that can do this
I don't understand the goal of this. Could you eliaborate more?
Though I can't find the option indeed, thanks for explaining.
Here's a usecase - https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/256156/transition-a-ticket-between-workflows-support-workflow-to-development-workflow
Even I am looking for a similar option. I have created different issue types for different customers for e.g. A-bug B-bug ... so the user creates the bugs but then in post function i want to change the issue type from bug to a-bug / B-bug depending on the customer. so that I can then have different workflows for different set of issue types
The same answer applies - it's not *just* a change of a field, you have a whole load of structural work to do as you make the change, and you'll need to write it yourself because there isn't anything out there.
okay, thanks Nic.
It's been answered here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/322797.
It's simply not available yet on Cloud: https://bobswift.atlassian.net/browse/CW-18
You can absolutely do this within JIRA using Automation.
Follow these steps:
> Click Project Settings in the left-hand navigation panel
> Click Automation (third option from the top)
> Click Create Rule in the top right corner
> Use the "Issue Transitioned" Trigger
> Select your "From" and "To" statuses
> Click Save
> Click New Action under the Add Component area
> Choose Edit issue in the Recommended list of actions.
> Choose Issue Type in the list of fields to edit
> Choose the issue type to which it should transition
> Name your Automation
> Click Turn it On
> ALL DONE!
Bear in mind that can only actually work if the issue types have exactly the same configuration
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.