I have a custom field = "Source", when an Epic Source field gets updated, I want to apply the same new value to the Source field of all the child tickets. How can I create that rule?
Hi @Carin Talero
This automation rule is really common and something we have a lot of. I have attached a screenshot which will help explain our rule. Hopefully this can then provide some context on what you have to do.
Just replace "Delivery Team" for "Source"
Hope this helps,
Dan
Thanks, will this make that the value of the field in the epic that was updated, the same field in all the child issues under that epic will get updated to the same value?
Exactly that. if the value of the delivery team in the epic changes, then it will cascade down. You can put a condition in between the trigger and branch so that only changes to epics will continue.
You can also create a different rule so that when an issue is attached to an epic to immediately get the parent values. Change the field updated to parent link.
Hope this helps.
Thank you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.