Hello,
Is it possible to automate a cloning process (inc. all sub-tasks) when an issue is resolved?
Current Process:
On a daily basis my team work through an issue which has 14 sub-tasks associated to it. We currently have a template ticket which is cloned then the summary field is updated with todays date and work commences.
Desired outcome:
Once the existing issue is complete, a new clone is automatically generated with all sub-tasks ready to go.
So far, I have been able to clone a task when a custom field is equal to a particular value after a resolution event.
cfValues['cfExample']?.value == 'Example'
I have also added an additional issue action to update the summary on the newly cloned issue to todays date
def SummaryName = String.format('%tF', java.time.LocalDateTime.now())
issue.summary = SummaryName
The issue is that the above only clones the parent task and does not clone any of the sub-tasks. How would I go about cloning the sub-tasks over to the newly created issue?
Thank you.