Hello!
I am trying to create an automation, I have had so much trouble with this task though.
Want:
when an incoming ticket is created that needs review - assign a person from a list AND mention them in the comments.
What I have tried:
Automation - When: Issue Created, If: Issue Matches JQL, Then: Assign the issue to, And: Comment, And: Send Email - Assignee
Issue -
There is no value set for the field:
Could not send email, the 'To' address field is empty. If you have referenced a field it may be empty.
SO then I made a second
automation - When: Issue assigned, If: Issue matches JQL, Then: Add Comment to Issue, And: Send email - Assignee
Issue -
only gets triggered when a user manually changes the Assignee.... not when the automation does it - which is what I was trying to solve for.
With multiple attempts & research, I am stuck on what I thought would be a simple problem.
Please help!