We're developing a business app with forge for some time now and have hosted a dev-backend to be able to test functionality before we ship the app to production.
As our team is growing now and we need to work on backend and frontend (forge) simultaneously, the approach with hosting a dedicated dev-instance is no longer feasible.
I was under the impression that, as long as I used forge tunnel, I could also use forge's fetch with a "backend" that ran on a local port (consider our backend runs on port 8080 within a local docker container).
Yet I was not able to get this to work and would always end up receiving ERROR [...] Address not allowed if I tried to use localhost.
This is the excerpt of my manifest.yml (foo being a placeholder obviously)
modules:
jira:globalPage:
- key: foo
resource: main
resolver:
function: resolver
title: foo
function:
- key: resolver
handler: index.handler
resources:
- key: main
path: static/foo/dist
tunnel:
port: 3000
permissions:
content:
styles:
- "unsafe-inline"
external:
fetch:
client:
- "*.localhost"
- "*"
backend:
- "*.localhost"
- "*"
I assumed it had something to do with permissions and tinkered a bit with fetch client and fetch backend permissions (e.g. using ip instead of localhost) but nothing worked.
Is this even possible and if so, what would be the best approach to connect to localhost?
Any help is appreciated.