Hi, I want to have an automation. We have a custom field, text type. We want to copy the project key as its value automatically when creating the issue. Please tell me any way that can make it happen. Thank you so much.
Hi Jason,
There certainly is.Create an automation that triggers on issue create. Then add an action "Edit issue". Here you can select the field to edit.
For the project key you should try this smart value: {{issue.project.key}}Extra info concerning smart values you can find here:https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/
Regards,
Jeroen
Hi Jeroen, we're using Jira server. Is this can be done? I didn't see where to create an automation and the documentation is about Jira cloud, right?
It can if you install the Automation app to support automations. There are other apps that allow you to write scripts or update fields automatically.
I do want to question the desire for this though. What problem would duplicating the project key solve? The duplicate is utterly redundant plan text. I can't think of any use for it.
Hi Nic, We are using Adaptavist ScriptRunner for JIRA. Is there any function can do that?
The user just wants to make this kind of custom field and when the issue has been cloned and moved to another project, or related with other project's issues, the value can be added automatically.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.