When creating a ticket in Jira and assigning to someone, what determines the order of the names in the drop down? Can you limit or at least prioritize the names based on who has access to the project you are creating the ticket in?
Hi Nancy - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
I think the names are in alphabetical order based on who has the assignable user permission in the permission scheme.
And, no, you will not be able to change the order of names based on priority. But you definitely should be able to limit the list.
Hi @Nancy Good welcome to the community.You could create a custom user picker and set the 'User Filtering' option available in the Configure custom field page for user picker fields. Users can be selected based on project roles or user groups.Place that field on your Create screen instead of the Assignee field.Then create a post function where you would copy that value to the assignee field.
Thank you, I'll try this out.
Thank you.
That worked but can you only pick one group? For example, if I want it to put names from one group first and then a second group second, can you do that? I don't see an option for that.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.