Hi Team!
I have upgraded jira from version 8.9 to jira 8.20 software. After starting jira i tried to connect server to database (oracle) but then I got error in connection that database is not empty. due to which I manually craeted dbconfig.xml file in Jira_home and restarted my jira.. now I see jira running in browser but status of jira is failed-
systemctl status jira
● jira.service - Atlassian Jira
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/jira.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2022-07-08 09:47:50 CEST; 4h 8min ago
Process: 276516 ExecStart=/opt/jira/jira_inst/bin/start-jira.sh (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Main PID: 225299 (code=killed, signal=KILL)
Jul 08 09:47:50 x15855tzz.test.tre.se start-jira.sh[276516]: Using JIRA_HOME: /opt/jira/jira_home
Jul 08 09:47:50 x15855tzz.test.tre.se start-jira.sh[276516]: Server startup logs are located in /opt/jira/jira_inst/logs/cata>
Jul 08 09:47:50 x15855tzz.test.tre.se start-jira.sh[276516]: Existing PID file found during start.
Jul 08 09:47:50 x15855tzz.test.tre.se start-jira.sh[276516]: Tomcat appears to still be running with PID 235412. Start aborte>
Jul 08 09:47:50 x15855tzz.test.tre.se start-jira.sh[276516]: If the following process is not a Tomcat process, remove the PID>
Jul 08 09:47:50 x15855tzz.test.tre.se start-jira.sh[276516]: UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD
Jul 08 09:47:50 x15855tzz.test.tre.se start-jira.sh[276516]: jira 235412 1 3 Jul07 ? 00:25:53 /usr/lib/jvm>
Jul 08 09:47:50 x15855tzz.test.tre.se systemd[1]: jira.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
Jul 08 09:47:50 x15855tzz.test.tre.se systemd[1]: jira.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Jul 08 09:47:50 x15855tzz.test.tre.se systemd[1]: Failed to start Atlassian Jira.
lines 1-16/16 (END)
In catalina.out-
I see two warnings-
In which one is for Re-indexing which I delibrately set to false I did not want the index of db change as I am using the same db to connect with upgraded host.
created com.atlassian.jira.plugins.webhooks.ao.WebhookDaoImpl@7163132f 1902318383 with events jira:issue_updated
version_unreleased
version_created
jira:issue_created
version_updated
jira:issue_deleted
jira:worklog_updated
version_released
version_moved
AO_4AEACD_WEBHOOK_DAO {ID = 22} 55306
2022-07-08 11:52:26,601+0200 Caesium-1-4 WARN [c.a.r.internal.settings.RateLimitModificationSettingsService] No RL settings found for user: [JIRAUSER32553] - can't delete!!
2022-07-08 11:52:35,756+0200 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.jira.upgrade.UpgradeScheduler] Running scheduled upgrades
2022-07-08 11:52:35,761+0200 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.jira.upgrade.LoggingUpgradeService] run upgrades has started
2022-07-08 11:52:35,864+0200 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.j.upgrade.util.BuildNumberDao] Setting current build number to 820010
2022-07-08 11:52:35,866+0200 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.jira.upgrade.UpgradeIndexManager] There are no reindex requests of type [IMMEDIATE, DELAYED] so none will be run
2022-07-08 11:52:35,866+0200 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.j.upgrade.util.BuildNumberDao] Setting current version to 8.20.10
2022-07-08 11:52:35,866+0200 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.j.upgrade.util.BuildNumberDao] Setting downgrade version to 7.1.2
2022-07-08 11:52:35,883+0200 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.jira.upgrade.LoggingUpgradeService] run upgrades has finished successfully, and took 122 milliseconds to process.
2022-07-08 11:52:35,883+0200 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.jira.upgrade.UpgradeScheduler] JIRA upgrades completed successfully
2022-07-08 11:52:35,895+0200 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.jira.upgrade.UpgradeScheduler] Plugins upgrades completed successfully
2022-07-08 11:52:35,895+0200 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.jira.upgrade.UpgradeIndexManager] Reindexing is not allowed after this upgrade and there is no immediate reindex requests
2022-07-08 11:52:46,645+0200 Caesium-1-1 INFO [c.a.jira.startup.CacheWarmerLauncher] Warmed cache(s) in 23885 ms.
On browser I see the upgraded version-
Hi Team!
I have upgraded jira from version 8.9 to jira 8.20 software. After starting jira i tried to connect server to database (oracle) but then I got error in connection that database is not empty. due to which I manually craeted dbconfig.xml file in Jira_home and restarted my jira.. now I see jira running in browser but status of jira is failed-
systemctl status jira
● jira.service - Atlassian Jira
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/jira.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2022-07-08 09:47:50 CEST; 4h 8min ago
Process: 276516 ExecStart=/opt/jira/jira_inst/bin/start-jira.sh (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Main PID: 225299 (code=killed, signal=KILL)
Jul 08 09:47:50 x15855tzz.test.tre.se start-jira.sh[276516]: Using JIRA_HOME: /opt/jira/jira_home
Jul 08 09:47:50 x15855tzz.test.tre.se start-jira.sh[276516]: Server startup logs are located in /opt/jira/jira_inst/logs/cata>
Jul 08 09:47:50 x15855tzz.test.tre.se start-jira.sh[276516]: Existing PID file found during start.
Jul 08 09:47:50 x15855tzz.test.tre.se start-jira.sh[276516]: Tomcat appears to still be running with PID 235412. Start aborte>
Jul 08 09:47:50 x15855tzz.test.tre.se start-jira.sh[276516]: If the following process is not a Tomcat process, remove the PID>
Jul 08 09:47:50 x15855tzz.test.tre.se start-jira.sh[276516]: UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD
Jul 08 09:47:50 x15855tzz.test.tre.se start-jira.sh[276516]: jira 235412 1 3 Jul07 ? 00:25:53 /usr/lib/jvm>
Jul 08 09:47:50 x15855tzz.test.tre.se systemd[1]: jira.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
Jul 08 09:47:50 x15855tzz.test.tre.se systemd[1]: jira.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Jul 08 09:47:50 x15855tzz.test.tre.se systemd[1]: Failed to start Atlassian Jira.
lines 1-16/16 (END)
In catalina.out-
I see two warnings-
In which one is for Re-indexing which I delibrately set to false I did not want the index of db change as I am using the same db to connect with upgraded host.
created com.atlassian.jira.plugins.webhooks.ao.WebhookDaoImpl@7163132f 1902318383 with events jira:issue_updated
version_unreleased
version_created
jira:issue_created
version_updated
jira:issue_deleted
jira:worklog_updated
version_released
version_moved
AO_4AEACD_WEBHOOK_DAO {ID = 22} 55306
2022-07-08 11:52:26,601+0200 Caesium-1-4 WARN [c.a.r.internal.settings.RateLimitModificationSettingsService] No RL settings found for user: [JIRAUSER32553] - can't delete!!
2022-07-08 11:52:35,756+0200 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.jira.upgrade.UpgradeScheduler] Running scheduled upgrades
2022-07-08 11:52:35,761+0200 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.jira.upgrade.LoggingUpgradeService] run upgrades has started
2022-07-08 11:52:35,864+0200 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.j.upgrade.util.BuildNumberDao] Setting current build number to 820010
2022-07-08 11:52:35,866+0200 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.jira.upgrade.UpgradeIndexManager] There are no reindex requests of type [IMMEDIATE, DELAYED] so none will be run
2022-07-08 11:52:35,866+0200 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.j.upgrade.util.BuildNumberDao] Setting current version to 8.20.10
2022-07-08 11:52:35,866+0200 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.j.upgrade.util.BuildNumberDao] Setting downgrade version to 7.1.2
2022-07-08 11:52:35,883+0200 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.jira.upgrade.LoggingUpgradeService] run upgrades has finished successfully, and took 122 milliseconds to process.
2022-07-08 11:52:35,883+0200 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.jira.upgrade.UpgradeScheduler] JIRA upgrades completed successfully
2022-07-08 11:52:35,895+0200 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.jira.upgrade.UpgradeScheduler] Plugins upgrades completed successfully
2022-07-08 11:52:35,895+0200 Caesium-1-2 INFO ServiceRunner [c.a.jira.upgrade.UpgradeIndexManager] Reindexing is not allowed after this upgrade and there is no immediate reindex requests
2022-07-08 11:52:46,645+0200 Caesium-1-1 INFO [c.a.jira.startup.CacheWarmerLauncher] Warmed cache(s) in 23885 ms.
[root@x15855tzz logs]#
Versions & licenses
Upload an application
License expires04/Feb/23
Support entitlement number
License typeDeveloper (Data Center)
Can you please suggest me what I can do in this case?
Note-I have disabled some of the apps during upgrade as it was not showing easy updrage to newer version. Some of them is still disabled. I have not enabled them.