Trying to install JIRA for the first time. Step 3 is connect to database. This isn't clear what database, how does it need to be installed and configured? I dealt with older versions but don't remember having to install a database
Hello @ronald Lagle ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Jira has always required connection to a database. Your options are:
for Production use (recommended), you can connect to a database served by PostgreSQL, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle
testing allows for installation of H2.
Thanks for the reply
I didn't do the install at my old job just maintained jira. So the issue is I'm on a isolated system so no internet connectivity. So software installs can be a pain. I'm on a Rhel 7 box, I have mariadb (which is a version of mysql) Will that work? What do I need to do for Jira (i.e. configuration/space requirements)
Joe
Here's an installation guide for Linux that should help: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/installing-jira-applications-on-linux-938846841.html
It looks like MariaDB is not supported. You should probably look at MySQL or PostgreSQL.
Yes, i've looked at this which is what prompted me to post here. This issue is it just says "connect to your database" Which isn't a very helpful answer
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.