Hello everyone!
In my company we are using JIRA Structure for project management. We use Epics to track projects and Stories to track tasks.
I will show you the problem that we have with the help of an example:
In the following picture you can see a task with the duration of 40h and the length of one week.
The resources are calculated right and show 8h per day. In the next step, I log 35h of work. Until this point, everything is fine.

If the task now gets delayed e.g. by one week I would just pull the end of the task to the end of the following week. Time tr. is still 40h but the fixed duration changes to 80h because it is spread over two weeks now. But if I do that, the resources will show wrong numbers, as you can see in the following screenshot.

This makes the resource planning very difficult, because it doesn't show that I was doing the 35h of work in the first week. If the task is delayed until friday of week 2 and I log the remaining 5h of work on said friday, the resources will still just show that I did 4h per day for the 2 weeks.
With many different projects and users it's basically impossible to get the resources right.
So my question is:
Is there a possibility to split the task in two parts, so that the resource planning can identify when there was no work done? Or is there any other option for me?
Our current solution is to end the task and create a new story that starts after the delay. But then all the comments and information are still stored in the first task.
I hope someone knows a solution to this problem.
Thanks in advance!
Andreas