Hi,
We have around 2.1k issues in a project- FISOL. How to edit the issue link types.
Belongs in Epic--> should be changed to- "Capability linked to SAFe Epic"
Is Capability of--> should be changed to- "Capability linked to feature"
Hey @Anuradha Yadav ,
do you want to edit the existing link type in Jira in general (means globally from the administration) or did you introduce a new link type and want to remove the existing link and create a new link with the new link type?
Best, Max
Hi Max,
Thanks for your quick response. I would like to edit the existing link type and Keep which is already there.
In below snip: just change to highlighted ones and rest types keep as it is.
Hey @Anuradha Yadav,
sorry but I need further clarification to understand what you're trying to do as I don't get the "edit the existing link type and Keep which is already there".
Either you want to edit the name of the existing link type, which would require you to head to the administration.
The result would be, that you change:
But this is a global change and would affect all issues using that specific link.
Do I understand your screenshot correctly that you added a new link type already with the correct names?
If you want to replace the old link with the new link type, you will have to delete the old link (as it cannot be edited, vote for that feature here: JRASERVER-20094 Cannot change link type after creating ) and link issues again. I guess the smartest solution would be using a script or automation solution to achieve that. I can imagine solutions like Scriptrunner (Groovy) or Jira Workflow Toolbox (Automation rules) to be capable of gathering all issues with the link and then being able to create new issue links while deleting the old ones.
Yes new link type is already there .. how can we replace it?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.