We have a project where sub-tasks are automatically created every month and many of them are automatically assigned with a due date. I've recreated this project for testing this automation and I have about 11 sub-tasks (total) assigned across 2 assignees.
I'd like to create an automation that summarises (just a count) the outstanding tasks for each assignee. In future, hundreds of sub-tasks will be created each month, and I want to provide a link to a Kanban board in the email, not the individual sub-tasks to promote using the board as the preferred behaviour, so a filter subscription isn't appropriate.
Step 1, I use a Lookup Issues to list all the outstanding assigned tasks.
Advanced Branching seems to be creating a small list of assignees (hard to tell when Log Actions seems to reduce duplication). The branch creates a variable called anAssignee with from {{lookupIssues.assignee.distinct}}
Inside the branch I have a Lookup Issues that I want to use in the email to should an assigned issue count for the assignee. That seems to work (again, testing with logging).
The problem comes when it gets to the email step. I'm expecting 2 emails, however dozens of emails are sent to the 2 distinct assignees - more emails per assignee than they have assigned sub-tasks.
My automation looks like this. Any help towards getting a single email per assignee with an sub-task count is appreciated.
