The other day I decided to update the installed version of JIRA from 8.22.3 to JIRA 9.0.0. Also, since I was getting warnings about not have a supported version of MySQL for a number of months, I also decided to update MySQL from 5.6 (unsupported) to 5.7 (Support). After running the update to JIRA from 8.22.3 to 9.0.0 I get the following message when JIRA starts up:
Database: JIRA couldn't connect to your database
JIRA failed to establish a connection to your database.
This could be because:
- Your database isn't running
- The configuration of your dbconfig.xml file is incorrect (user, password, or database URL etc.)
- There is a network issue between JIRA and your database (e.g. firewall, database doesn't allow remote access etc.)
There are several other solutions you can try, review our documentation and see what works for you.
I've tried various possible solutions to resolve the issue but no luck. Here's the setup information I have when I user the 'version.sh' script:
Server startup logs are located in /opt/atlassian/jira/logs/catalina.out
Using CATALINA_BASE: /opt/atlassian/jira
Using CATALINA_HOME: /opt/atlassian/jira
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/atlassian/jira/temp
Using JRE_HOME: /opt/atlassian/jira/jre/
Using CLASSPATH: /opt/atlassian/jira/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/atlassian/jira/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
Using CATALINA_OPTS:
Using CATALINA_PID: /opt/atlassian/jira/work/catalina.pid
NOTE: Picked up JDK_JAVA_OPTIONS: --add-opens=java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/java.io=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/java.util=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/java.util.concurrent=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport=ALL-UNNAMED
Server version: Apache Tomcat/9.0.62
Server built: Mar 31 2022 14:34:15 UTC
Server number: 9.0.62.0
OS Name: Linux
OS Version: 2.6.32-754.35.1.el6.x86_64
Architecture: amd64
JVM Version: 11.0.13+8
JVM Vendor: Eclipse Adoptium
...everything looks correct, so I must be missing something or need to update my configuration for it to load my instance of JIRA correctly like it did before the updating from version 8.x to 9.x. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.