I started Jira with the following `docker` command:
```
docker run -d -e JVM_MINIMUM_MEMORY=6144m -e JVM_MAXIMUM_MEMORY=6144m -e JVM_RESERVED_CODE_CACHE_SIZE=2048m -e ATL_PROXY_NAME="jira.example.com" -e ATL_PROXY_PORT="443" -e ATL_TOMCAT_SCHEME="https" -e ATL_TOMCAT_SECURE="true" --name jira.atlassian.sys.alpha --hostname jira.atlassian.sys.alpha --network-alias jira.atlassian.sys.alpha --network system --volume jira.atlassian.system:/var/atlassian/application-data/jira atlassian/jira-software:8.20.6
```
In order to upgrade this installation, I did the following:
`docker rm -f jira.atlassian.sys.alpha` then
```
docker run -d -e RUN_GROUP=root -e RUN_UID=0 -e RUN_USER=root -e JVM_MINIMUM_MEMORY=6144m -e JVM_MAXIMUM_MEMORY=6144m -e JVM_RESERVED_CODE_CACHE_SIZE=2048m -e ATL_PROXY_NAME="jira.example.com" -e ATL_PROXY_PORT="443" -e ATL_TOMCAT_SCHEME="https" -e ATL_TOMCAT_SECURE="true" --name jira.atlassian.sys.alpha --hostname jira.atlassian.sys.alpha --network-alias jira.atlassian.sys.alpha --network system --volume jira.atlassian.system:/var/atlassian/application-data/jira atlassian/jira-software:8.22.4
```
The only change is the version from 8.20.6 to 8.22.4.
The error is the following:
```
INFO:root:Generating /etc/container_id from template container_id.j2
INFO:root:Generating /opt/atlassian/jira/conf/server.xml from template server.xml.j2
INFO:root:Generating /opt/atlassian/jira/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/seraph-config.xml from template seraph-config.xml.j2
INFO:root:/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/dbconfig.xml exists; skipping.
INFO:root:User is currently root. Will downgrade run user to root
INFO:root:Running Jira with command '/opt/atlassian/jira/bin/start-jira.sh', arguments ['/opt/atlassian/jira/bin/start-jira.sh', '-fg']
executing as current user
Cannot find /opt/atlassian/jira/bin/setclasspath.sh
This file is needed to run this program
```
The above error is present even if I change `RUN_USER=root`, `RUN_GROUP=root` or `RUN_PID=0`. Checking the contents of the image I can see that the `/opt/atlassian/jira/bin/setclasspath.sh` is there.
This issue is critical to us because we can not upgrade as advised because of a vulnerability.