I would like to add a column that displays initiative name to a saved filter that I am using. I cannot seem to find Initiative in the list of attributes you can sort by. The closest thing I found was "Parent Initiative Name" which does not display any information regarding the initiative I am using.
Hi
Actually it will depends how you manage Initiative.
If it's in a customfield you should be able to see it and add it.
If it's an issue that lis linked you canot do it with JIRQ without an app.
You should use an app that display the linked issue of type Initiative.
You can achieve that with Scriptrunner app for instance using scripted field.
If you are using Advanced Roadmap, you can try to search for Parent Link field.
Hi Florian, thank you for taking time to suggest a solution.
Unfortunately the custom field "parent link" is locked, although I can still add it as a column - it shows up blank. I think I have to unlock it because I do believe I am using an advanced road map.
Regarding script runner, the Jira I am using is managed by my company and it takes time to download apps from the marketplace due to permission issues. I will be sure to update you if it works once I get script runner downloaded.
It's blank if there is no value.
Be aware that if you search for "Parent Link" is not empty you will have issue with no parent link returned, the search do not work on this field nor sorting, at least on my side.
But if you have a value in this field it should displayed it, ISSUEKEY - ISSUE SUMMARY
Did you use this field to link your Epic to your Parent issue ?
You link the Epic to the parent (Initiative) by selecting the Initative in the Parent Link field from the Epic, it's the same way you would link a Story to an Epic. You also have to set properly the hierarchy in Advanced Roadmap, the app I assume you are using because you have Parent Link field.
If you create the link via More > Link and pick one of the link it will not works, you have to use the scriptrunner solution to do that. But if you qre using Advanced Roadmap you should be able to do it.
Hi Florian, thank you for your continued assistance.
I applied the search "Parent Link" is not empty and I was returned the Epic Links and Story's in my project. On the other hand when I applied "Parent Link" is empty I was returned the initiatives (parent links if I understand correctly) in my project. Having this information I believe that the problem that is limiting my ability to have populated parent link fields is my inability to edit the advanced roadmap. This is due to the nature of my firms Jira capabilities.
Please confirm if I am understanding this correctly.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.