Just now getting to update SourceTree to use app password to connect to Bitbucket (also first time using app password mechanism).
System & Software: MacOS 12.4; SourceTree 4.1.8 (244)
Followed instructions at <https://bitbucket.org/blog/deprecating-atlassian-account-password-for-bitbucket-api-and-git-activity> to create an app password for SourceTree. Gave this app password permissions Repository (read, write, admin, delete) and Pull Requests (read, write). Saved generated password.
Tried to follow instructions at <https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/add-an-app-password-to-sourcetree-or-another-application/> to add app password to Sourcetree. Proceed through step 4, using app password just generated, and selecting protocol HTTPS. Upon selecting "Save" I get an alert panel, title "Login Error", with the text "We couldn't connect to Bitbucket with your (lsfinn) credentials. Check your username and try the password again.".
At this point I'm stuck. I've tried again, but to no avail. I've revoked the app password just generated and created a new one, with the same results.
I'm clearly doing something wrong; however, I'm having trouble figuring out what. I'd appreciate any help/advice that the community can provide.